How to Improve Your LinkedIn Profile and Use for B2B Marketing
It is well known that LinkedIn has become an effective marketing channel for B2B companies. According to Pinpoint Market Research, 64 percent of B2B marketers generate leads via LinkedIn. LinkedIn is also one of the top five sites Google indexes. Using LinkedIn effectively can improve prospects finding you when they use LinkedIn search. Some tips for your personal profile include:
– Use relevant keywords in your headline
– Use first person for your summary in an active voice
– Include links to media coverage or speaking at conferences
– Include organizations you are involved with
– Don’t be afraid to reach out to people who have viewed your profile for potential networking
– Consider Sales Navigator for more robust lead generation
In addition to improving your personal profile, you can also run cost-effective LinkedIn sponsored content campaigns. LinkedIn sponsored content campaigns can help your business reach new customers, build company page followers, promote thought leadership and drive lead generation and traffic to your website.
We have worked with several of our clients to manage successful LinkedIn campaigns and even have used for our own Tanis marketing. Below are some best practices we have adopted that have generated successful results for clients.
– Photos and videos perform better than text. When running two campaigns for one client, we saw a dramatic increase in engagement by placing a photo of one of our clients vs. using only text or a product photo
– Use statistics
– Speak directly to a specific audience for more targeted results
– Optimize your LinkedIn company page because it’s likely to be the first impression new audiences have of your business
– Promote compelling content that has a strong call to action. For example, for lead generation, sponsored campaigns that offer gated eBooks, webinars and how-to guides
While we love LinkedIn, it is also advisable not to put all your marketing efforts on one social platform. There are other effective platforms to use depending on your specific business goals. Reach out to us to learn more.
By Michele Landry, Principal at Tanis Communications